Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ETAC

I am going to try something new today.  I am going to try to post to my blog during the daylight hours instead of the crack of dawn after my wife says, "See you later pal.  I'm going to bed."  So in the hopes of keeping my other house in order, here you go.

Today I attended an executive board meeting of a regional information sharing initiative called ETAC, for long, Emerging Threat Analysis Center.  ETAC is an on-line investigative tool in which most of the larger law enforcement agencies in the Kansas City Metro dump their records management systems information into a central depository.  This central depository of information can be accessed by field personnel, detectives, and dispatchers.  In the old days (last year), police personnel were only able to see the information contained in their own records systems.  With ETAC's roll out, police personnel can see any information listed for an individual or location from those agencies involved in the initiative.  This type of broad information sharing makes local police agencies more efficient and effective in crime fighting and terrorism prevention since criminals and terrorists do not respect the boundary lines of cities, counties, or states. 

No comments:

Post a Comment